Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spring Is Here! :: Today is Purple

Hey!
It has been spring-y and sunny lately (though today there was a downpour) and it made me think of all the pretty things that I could be wearing in warm weather were I to try to dress up. These are the items I thought of.

Yes, this is my own necklace/choker. It is a really nice piece with a really lovely purple to it that makes me think of all the gorgeous flowers in bloom right now. There are purple hyacinths blooming and those are my absolute favourite flowers! Though not quite the same color as the beads, here is a picture of my favourite flower: the hyacinth in a lovely purple.

I hope you will agree that those are an inspiring flower. If not, that is okay. As a friend once told me, "Opinions are like noses, everyone has one and they are all different.


So after I looked at the pretty choker with purple that I am posting, I decided to take a look around at other pretty jewelry and items on etsy. There are an abundant amount of purple things, but I tend to like featuring artists that I find particularly interesting in my blog. Here are a few things that I liked and hope you will enjoy. It is an arrangement of things that, while not all jewelry, fit the color scheme of the day and the festive spring mood that I am in (despite the downpour I was in earlier).



The first is a floral-based design on a hairclip. I have stolen the following quote from the person's etsy listing for the piece and am including it here because she can describe better than I the design, background and care of such a lovely item.

"This one is a personal favorite of mine! I have one of my own and it's one of my favorite things to wear. It's a super adorable blend of colors - pale violet petals with barely blue tips, sea foam green leaves and an iridescent crystal center, all mounted on a black french clip.
Every single petal is made of habotai silk - hand dyed, hand folded and hand mounted by me with love, care and skill.
The bloom is just over 1.5" wide and the French clip is about 1.5" long.


---Kanzashi Background & Care---
Kanzashi are hair ornaments worn in traditional Japanese hair styles, most often seen adorning geisha or maiko. Flower kanzashi are called 'hana kanzashi' and the traditional technique used to make this type is called 'tsumami'.
All of my kanzashi are made using as many traditional Japanese techniques and materials as is possible. The few modern materials I use are only done so to make the assembly stronger for more liberal wear.
Even though these Kanzashi are tougher than they look and hold up very well, they are still a bit delicate by nature and shouldn't be worn out in the rain or high humidity."


You can find this description, more information, and this item online at http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=40565629. It is a really lovely piece and I kind of wish, had I money, I could buy it.



As I was stumbling and bumbling across the site, I noticed a really neat feather ear-cuff that I kind of really want but wonder when I would ever wear... It is a gorgeous purple and very vibrant. Looks like a lot of fun!

I don't think the purple cushion is included in the purchase, but if funds turn up this feather ear cuff may end up being mine. The shop has a lot of other really shiny, pretty things in a variety of beautiful colours. I picked this one because it looks amazing and I want it and the color happens to be the color of the day of this blog entry.

It can be found online at http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=40446713 and if you buy it before me I will just have to request my own version of it.


So looking at feathers and purple, I stumbled across this really funky and fun hair clip that I also want.

And what is not to want? Brightly colored, shiny, and definitely different, this piece is amazing! It says in the listing it is custom order and you have to specify if you want to wear it on the left or the right because I guess it only goes one way. Or at least by design.

Another person who makes a number of pretty and fun things to wear using feathers. It is a really pretty piece, and the others are too. This artist has everything from headbands to earrings to hairclips and more!

So you can go buy this one, or another one, at the etsy shop. This exact piece can be found at http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=41853952.


So this has been another long, vaguely rambling post in which Picpic Tewlikitpe talks about various beautiful, amazing, astonishing things and hopes that you read about it.

Happy Spring!
~Picpic Tewlikitpe

No comments:

Post a Comment